- The registration fee must be paid in full at the time of registration. A workshop/class supply list should be given at the time of registration. It is the customer’s responsibility to request this supply list prior to the workshop date if one is not received.
- Any student attending a class/workshop must have their own copy of the required book/pattern/magazine for that class/workshop.
- All class/workshops that require a sewing machine are B.Y.O.M. (bring your own machine).
- Any class/workshop supplies that need to be purchased should be purchased from Among Friends Quilt Shop in order for us to cover the costs associated with offering this class/workshop to you.
- A receipt may be required if you should choose to cancel a class/workshop registration according to the following guidelines: Cancellations must be made in person or by phone and may not be done via e-mail. You may cancel your workshop registration up to 7 days prior to the workshop date to receive store credit only (no exceptions) for the full amount that you paid for the registration fee. If you can’t attend the class/workshop and did not cancel before the 7-day cut-off, you are welcome to send a friend to attend the class/workshop in your place (please notify us in advance if you are going to do this). The store return policy applies to any and all supplies purchased for the class/workshop.
- Among Friends Quilt Shop reserves the right to cancel any class/workshop that does not meet a required minimum number of participants. If we cancel a class/workshop for any reason, a full-refund will be given on the workshop fee only.
- In the case of inclement weather, students should call the shop 30 - 60 minutes before the start of workshop to see if workshop has been postponed. Workshops postponed due to weather will be rescheduled. No refunds or store credits will be issued.
- Students are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the class/workshop to set up their machines, etc. and they should come prepared for the class/workshop, making sure her/his machine is in good working condition.
- Students should refrain from wearing strong perfume as a courtesy to those who are sensitive to perfume.
- Cell phones should be silenced or set on vibrate - if you need to use your cell phone, please leave the classroom to do so.
Please determine your skill level and select classes that are at your level or below. If you need help in
assessing your skill level, please ask us for assistance.
Beginner 1 – You must know how to operate your sewing machine and sew a straight line.
Beginner 2 – You must be at a Beginner 1 level, plus know how to use a rotary cutter with ruler, have some piecing experience and know how to border and bind a quilt.
Confident Beginner – You must be at a Beginner 2 level, plus have several projects under your belt. This person is more experienced than a Beginner 2 quilter.
Intermediate - You have mastered several different quilting techniques and have completed many projects.
Advanced - You are an experienced quilter looking to broaden your horizons with more complex techniques/projects.